Thursday, March 1, 2012

2201 Double Entry Journal #7

How might technology be used to support students in your future classroom who have learning differences like Dyslexia?


You should use technology in a way that it is geared toward whatever learning differences the student has. After reading the article "Words Failed Me Then Saved Me" I did a search on how to help students with Dyslexia so I could understand Dyslexia better. I fount a wonderful cite that I will link you to at the end of my blog. This cite explains Dyslexia and how it affects the student. They suggest using technology in the form of letting a student with Dyslexia use laptops in the classroom because printing or writing is hard on them. They also encouraged having them use programs such as Dragon Naturally Speaking. I feel by using any technology that would take a abstract concept and make it concrete would help a student with Dyslexia.

I recommend taking a look at this cite because it explains Dyslexia a little bit better and gives teachers good advice they can use in the classroom to help students learn that has Dyslexia. You can find this cite here.

Sources:


Schultz, P. (2011, September 3). Words failed me, then saved me. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/opinion/sunday/with-dyslexia-words-failed-me-and-then-saved-me.html?_r=2


NA. (2011). How teachers can accommodate the dyslexic student. Retrieved from http://www.dyslexiavictoriaonline.com/howtecanacdy.html 






No comments:

Post a Comment