Thursday, January 19, 2012

Introduction Post

   I am originally from a small town in Greenbrier county but I have lived in Morgantown off and on for the past twenty years. My ideal teaching position would be in a High School teaching History. I feel children do not learn from one way of teaching but by multiple ways. What I mean by this is that some children are able to read something on their own and know it while others learn by listening and still others learn by different means. I guess what I am trying to say is that children learn in all types of ways and its the teachers job to not just teach by one method but to teach by many methods. In my classroom I will use cooperative learning techniques such as having the students work in groups. I will also use as much technology as is at my disposal. I will not be a teacher who only teaches by one technique such as read this and then take a quiz.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are committed to using multiple methods and technology in your future teaching practices!

    ReplyDelete